Bell Canada Debuts Palm Pre Ad Campaign
Bell Canada is bringing the Pre to North North America next week and has begun disseminating a couple of advertisements. The first 30 second clip bears a familiar format to a certain other company from the valley. We hope that Tamara Hope never sees Bell's Palm Pre ads, because watching this disembodied hand juggling all those apps might just freak her out with deja vu`... Of note is the Google Maps demonstration, which shows off landscape rotation aspect that doesn't actually exist yet. "Creative" marketing or upcoming feature? Catch the full clip after the break.
Bell has also created a more novel approach to introducing consumers to the device with its "Shake hands with the Palm Pre" video campaign. It is a nice alternative to the creepy, max headroom channeling ads that Sunnyvale has been backing to date. Episode 1 of this approach finds a enthusiastic spokesperson showing off the Pre and explaining its features in understandable terms to regular Canucks on the street.
Thanks to PreThinking for the tip.
Article Comments(23 comments)
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf