Samsung Demoing New Smartphone
Samsung is demonstrating a new smartphone at CommunicAsia2002 in Singapore and some facts about it have begun to appear on the Web, though the information is, as yet, incomplete. The device, called the Bluechip, has a clamshell shape. It has a color screen and hardware buttons on one side and the Graffiti area, rocker switch, and telephone dial pad on the other. It runs Palm OS 4.1. It is not yet known when this device will be available or at what price.
The Bluechip uses CDMA networks and supports gpsOne. It has voice memo and voice dialing capabilities.
It is 3.4 by 2.1 by .85 inches (87 x 54 x 21.5 mm) and weighs 4.5 ounces (130 g).
Samsung is also demonstrating the SCH-M330, which it has shown off before. According to earlier reports, this model was supposed to be released in April which, obviously, didn't happen.
Thanks to The-Riot and ak2g for the tips. -Ed
Article Comments(84 comments)
This article is no longer accepting new comments.
Click here for the full story discussion page...
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W
- RE: Don't we have this already? -richf