Comments on: webOS 1.3.1 Packs Nasty App Surprises For Importers
Your correspondent has seen this before - specifically, when I used the webOS Doctor to install the Sprint 1.2.1 firmware on my unlocked Pre. It seems that later versions of webOS & the App Catalog will specifically check which country your Pre was activated in before it will let you inside - and if you're not on an approved carrier, you'll be turned away like a badly-dressed bum from a nightclub. The question is: was this a deliberate move on Palm's part or a simple technical mistake which didn't take the unlocked phones into consideration? PIC has contacted Palm seeking official comment and will update you as we get more info.
That's not the only issue with the Euro App Catalog that's cropped up with 1.3.1, though. More after the break...
Article Comments(31 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W