Movistar and Palm Launch Treo 700wx in Venezuela
Movistar and Palm today launched the Palm Treo 700wx smartphone in Venezuela. The Treo 700wx combines a great mobile phone, comprising all the functionality and ease of use for which Treo smartphones are known, with Microsoft Windows Mobile 5.0.
Movistar, the leading cellular telephone company in Venezuela, offers its clients devices that make their lives easier and improve their productivity because they provide a series of communications tools on a single device. Each device can be adapted to the clients' special needs, and they can pick their most convenient alternative depending on their activities.
"The new Treo 700wx is a device perfectly in line with movistar's strategy, which is aimed at offering corporate clients integrated solutions and services enabling them to meet all their communications and connectivity needs," said movistar Vice President Roberto Casado. "This makes movistar an indispensable partner in supporting the development and expansion of large companies' operations, as well as fostering the growth of developing businesses, and makes Treo smartphones an indispensable tool for business today."
Treo 700wx Features:
- 312 MHz Intel XScale processor
- 240x240 pixel TFT screen
- 128MB of memory and 60MB of dedicated user storage
- 1.3-megapixel digital camera for images and videos
- Integrated Bluetooth 1.2 wireless technology
- Expansion card slot (SD, SDIO, and MultiMediaCard compatible)
- Size/weight: 4.4" x 2.3" x 0.9" (111 mm x 58 mm x 22.5 mm) / 6.4 ounces (180 g)
- Removable 1800 mAh battery and non-volatile memory
- Voice Command for voice dialing
- Ability to send and receive email from multiple corporate and personal email accounts, with built-in support for Microsoft Office Outlook Mobile, Hotmail, Yahoo!, AOL, and other POP3 and IMAP accounts
- On-device access to Microsoft Office Word Mobile, Office Excel Mobile and Office PowerPoint Mobile for viewing, editing and creating Word and Excel Mobile documents, as well as viewing PowerPoint Mobile presentations. In addition, with Picsel PDF viewer
- Unified messaging application, including email, SMS and MMS
In addition the Treo 700wx includes support for Email on the Go: Windows Mobile Messaging and Security Feature Pack (MSFP), which includes Direct Push Technology, native S/MIME support, certificate-based authentication to all Exchange data, and remote and local device wipe, is available out-of-the-box giving smartphone users fast, automatic wireless updates of their email, calendar items, contacts and tasks.
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W