New Unlocked GSM Centro Colors and Pricing
While word leaked out several months ago of the forthcoming EOL status of Sprint's version of the Centro, no word has been heard in regards to versions of the phone offered from other carriers or in unlocked GSM form. Beginning sometime in the last week or so, the Palm.com online store quietly began offering the unlocked version of the Centro in two new colors alongside a drastically reduced $199.99 price with the usual free shipping promotion. Disregarding a few very limited-time sale offers, the Centro's new pricetag represents the first time an unlocked Palm smartphone has been offered for less than $200.
The two new colors are variations of earlier Palm color schemes, with the "Ruby Red" Centro looking similar to the old Treo 680 color scheme and less pink than the current Sprint offering. The always-amusingly named "Cobalt Blue" GSM Centro appears nearly identical to Verizon's CDMA Centro and the unbranded CDMA version of the phone sold in non-US markets. The previous unlocked GSM Centro in "Glacier White" with grey numeric keys remains available.
The specs on these new GSM colors appear unchanged with RAM unfortunately remaining at 64MB instead of the 128MB seen on the refreshed Sprint version. No word if these GSM Centros offer the soft-touch paint and slightly updated keyboard noted previously by Ryan on the Olive Green Centro.
Article Comments(3 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith