WebOS Homebrew Apps Demo'd
PreCentral is currently running an article that details another proof of concept for the webOS homebrew scene. Some users have sorted out how to package and install unauthorized third party apps to the Palm Pre using a standard (i.e. non-rooted) device.
This forum thread also details the process. It basically involves emailing a link to yourself that points to a preexisting webOS app in some kind of .ipk format. The group responsible for figuring this out intends to further detail how this works at some point so that other interested hackers can release application.
Article Comments(10 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W