AvantGo Fires Up New Version
iAnywhere Solutions, a subsidiary of Sybase, today launched the latest version of its AvantGo service, delivering superior features for managing and viewing mobile Internet content offline or online, anywhere at anytime.
The new version enhances capabilities allow for improved wireless synchronization, easier on-device web channel management and an expanded support system for AvantGo users, resulting in a more robust online and offline user experience.
"Since the AvantGo service was unveiled five years ago, we've received thousands of requests and suggestions for new features," said Neil Versen, senior director of AvantGo at iAnywhere Solutions. "Today, with the launch of the next-generation AvantGo, we're responding by delivering the most powerful and comprehensive mobile Internet service available anywhere. Now users can manage their web content more efficiently, syncing from their desktop or choosing and updating their channels wirelessly."
Enhanced connected/wireless features
* Abbreviate sync times and minimize wireless costs by selecting the channels you wish to sync * Browse and search over a thousand AvantGo channels while connected * Surf the web using AvantGo -- from a new section on the AvantGo homepage * Wireless-only channels, such as web mail channels, can now be accessed * Forms within channels (e.g. supply zip code for movie times) can be submitted wirelessly in real-time * Search AvantGo channels, and get search returns, in real-time Enhanced user experience * A complete redesign of the user interface including tabbed navigation, customized channel layout, choice of fonts and new color themes * Small-screen optimized navigation designed to maintain ease-of-use * New browser versions for Palm OS 5, Pocket PC and Symbian, which include top requested features, including full-screen screen support for palmOne T3 and T5 devices Improved on-device channel management and selection * Search, browse and add over a thousand AvantGo channels from your device online or offline * Customize the layout of your channel list * Create Personal Channels from your device * On-device Help & Alert sections * Trouble-shooting tips and service alerts on your device * Channel recommendations based upon other channels to which a user is subscribed Advanced customer support functionality * New user interface includes context help -- each section has icon that can be expanded for more information about a feature * One of the new tabbed navigation features includes a Help tab which includes top FAQ's and tips for each platform supported * The new Alerts tab displays important information regarding the user's account or the AvantGo Service (e.g. Service maintenance notices, user tips, premium service expiration notices, etc.)
iAnywhere's new AvantGo service is immediately available for free download. The update supports all major handheld devices running Palm OS 5, Pocket PC (2000, 2002, 2003), Symbian UIQ and Symbian OS v.6.1 Series 60.
Article Comments(26 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo