GSM Palm Centro Spotted at CES
While Palm does not have an active booth presence at the 2008 CES, several Palm-related tidbits have managed to emerge from the show. The latest Palm-related report from CES further confirms the impending release of a GSM Centro running the Garnet OS. TreoCentral spotted a white GSM Centro at an undisclosed Palm accessory manufacturer's booth and has posted a brief summary of their findings. They managed to get a few minutes with the device and take some reasonably high-quality shots of the unit's keyboard as well as its battery compartment. One interesting fact from their brief hands-on time was that the GSM Centro's keyboard is slightly more angled than its CDMA brethren. No word as of yet if this going to remain on the production GSM Centro or if this is an older, pre-production mockup with a different keyboard design.
PIC has covered the widely-rumored GSM Centro for several months, beginning in August when Palm legal requested the removal of our earliest shots and video of a GSM Centro, then followed by leaked images of a white GSM Centro running on the Orange network. This early hint posted by PDAFrance predated even the CDMA versionís arrival on Sprintís domestic network. Then this was followed with a leaked image of a black GSM Centro running on the AT&T network in October. A ZDnet blog then tipped us off to the upcoming release of a GSM version in November. Finally, later in November we covered the interesting story of the Palmdoc.net site posting a detailed hands-on review of a GSM Centro that was abruptly removed at the request of Palm's legal department.
Article Comments(23 comments)
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -hkklife
- The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -Gekko
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Ryan
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -abosco
- RE: Was the Foleo ahead of its time? -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -wannitnow
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -LiveFaith
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -asiayeah