8GB SDHC Cards Now Available
It seems like only yesterday that 4gb SD 1.1 and 4gb SD 2.0 (aka SDHC) cards were released. But already 8gb SDHC cards are appearing in volume and free-falling in price.
As always, buyer beware -- very few devices are compatible with 4gb SD cards, even fewer are compatible with 4gb SDHC, and an even smaller number can handle 8gb SDHC cards. Recent high-end digital cameras are likely the only devices certified to handle such massive cards.
Palm has yet to make an official statement one way or another on their SDHC support plans. However, according to reports on several Palm-related websites and forums, 8gb and larger cards (all the way up to the maximum theoretical limit of 2TB) use "sector addressing" whereas 4gb and smaller cards use "byte addressing".
Article Comments(21 comments)
- I got one -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Don't we have this already? -Tuckermaclain
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -richf
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dmitrygr
- Palm phone on HDblog -palmato
- Palm PVG100 -hgoldner
- RE: Like Deja Vu -PacManFoo
- Like Deja Vu -T_W