Verizon Treo 700wx Windows Mobile 6 Update Released
Palm today posted the long anticipated Windows Mobile 6.0 update for the Verizon branded Treo 700wx smartphone. The Verizon only Treo 700wx Updater v1.24 provides an updated version of the Windows Mobile operating system and incorporates past ROM updates.
WM6 provides a number of updates including a refresh user interface, enhanced calendar functionality, better HTML email support, Office 2007 support, Windows Vista compatibility and a number of additional features detailed here.
Full instructions and detailed can be found at Palm Support. Both ActiveSync and SD card updater methods are provided. Again, please note that this update is only intended for the Treo 700wx model operating on Verizon Wireless.
Not only is it highly unusual for Palm to release such an update for an older, EOL'd device, but Windows Mobile 6 was announced all the way back in early 2007 and has since been superseded by WM 6.1. The Treo 700w first became available on Verizon in January 2006, with the memory bumped 700wx model appearing later that year first on Sprint and then later on Verizon in Feb 07. Over the course of its lifetime the Windows Mobile powered Treo 700 series has received a plethora of device updates, some even introduced new issues and were subsequently pulled and reissued.
Article Comments(18 comments)
- and now... LG opensources WebOS -Poopie
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -richf
- RE: The iPhone X reveals why Tim Cook was so mad about Palm -richf
- RE: Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- Anyone else still on Palm...??!? -tl47
- RE: Picking up a Pre 3 -tl47
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -dagwud
- RE: Palm brand will return in 2018, with devices built by TCL -Tuckermaclain